Welcome back to this WooCommerce configuration guide!
In the previous chapter I've gone through how to configure two of the shipping methods allowed by WooCommerce: Free Shipping and International Shipping. Now, to conclude this section of the guide, we need to learn how to configure the two remaining shipping methods available: Local Delivery and Local Pickup.
WooCommerce Local Delivery
Let's start from the first one by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Local Delivery:
This shipping method is for all of those users that find themselves physically close to a store, so that costs can be different for them compared to others. It could also be for residents of your very same country, your region or even the same city.
Let's see how to configure it:
- Enable – This option is used to enable this shipping method on your store.
- Title – Insert the name customers are going to read for this shipping method.
- Fee Type – Allows you to choose which way the shipping fees are going to be calculated, whether by:
- Fixed Amount – For instance 10$.
- Percentage of cart total (for instance: the cart is worth 10$ and the fee percentage is 10%, so the shipping is going to amount to 1$)
- Fixed amount per product – A fixed amount for each product in the cart, for instance: 10$ fixed amount, 10 products = 100$
Now you should simply set the price and your shipping method of choice:
- Delivery Fee – Indicates the amount that's going to affect the total cost of the shipping fees that will be calculated based on your previous choices
In order to better understand this, let's use a practical example: if I enter 5, the price could be:
- 5$ (in case of a fixed fee amount).
- 5% of the cart total value.
- 5 * the amount of items in the cart.
Since this shipping method is closely tied to the shipping address of your customers, you need to specify which countries or areas you want to make available.
That's what the last two fields in this page are for:
- Allowed Zip/Post Codes - Chose which post codes or post code intervals you wish to allow for this shipping method. This field is important in order to enable this method for one region or city only.
- Method Availability – Allows you to chose whether to enable this method for all allowed countries or selected ones only.
WooCommerce Local Pickup
Now all you have left to do is to configure the Local Pickup system:
WooCommerce Local Pickup is not a real shipping method: as the name goes, you can use this option to allow customers to pick up their products personally in order to practically avoid any shipping fee.
This system is useful especially if you have a small store and you sell in your city/area or in case you own physical stores your customers can gather the products they bought from.
Let's see how to quickly configure it:
- Enable – Allows you to use this shipping method.
- Title – Allows you to chose the name the customers are going to see for this shipping method.
- Allowed Zip/Post Codes – Chose the allowed zip codes or areas you wish to allow this method to.
- Method Availability – Allows you to pick which you wish to allow this shipping method to.
And you are set: we are at the end of this part of the guide concerning the configuration for the WooCommerce shipping systems.